Dela (“Dillie”) TeSelle (1869-1971) was born in Oostburg, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin on 4 April 1869. She was the daughter of Jan Hendrik te Selle (1838-1921) and Hanna Berendina Onnink (1841-1929). Dela moved with her family to Lancaster County, Nebraska when she was only one year old.
She married Gerrit William Ten Huizen (1864-1912) in 1887. Dela and Gerrit lived in Panama, Lancaster County, Nebraska. Together they had seven children:
- John William Ten Hulzen (1890-1968) [Spouse: Lillian J. (1902-1986)]
- Hanna H. Ten Hulzen (1892-1986) [Spouse: John Wismer (1892-1957)]
- John Henry Ten Hulzen (1894-1952) [Spouse: Susana Obbink (1896-1973)]
- Bertha Ten Hulzen (1895-1971) [Spouse: Harry G. Wismer (1893-1954) ]
- Albert Ten Hulzen (1898-1980) [Spouse: Bertha Kroese (1900-1983)]
- Clarence Ten Hulzen (1901-1979) [Spouse: Bernice Henrietta Van Greuninger (1904-1942)]
- Richard Earl Ten Hulzen (1904-1980) [Spouse: Florence TeSelle (1906-1997)]
Gerrit Ten Hulzen died on 5 May 1912. He is buried in the Holland Cemetery, Holland, Lancaster County, Nebraska.
After Gerrit died in 1912, Dela married Henry J. Wubbels in 1917. They continued to live in Panama, along with Dela’s younger children. Dela and Henry had no children together. Henry died on 4 April 1943, which was Dela’s 74th birthday. He is buried in the Holland Cemetery, Holland, Lancaster County, Nebraska.
After Henry died, Dela lived another 28 years. Dela died at the age of 101 in Crete, Saline County, Nebraska on 21 January 1971. She is buried in the Holland Cemetery, Holland, Lancaster County, Nebraska.
According to Dillie’s obituary on 22 January 1971, she was the mother of 7 children, 15 grandchildren, 47 great-grandchildren, and 14 great-great-grandchildren.